Could you be UK & Ireland’s best Blogger-come-Chef? Well, if you think you could, then you’ll want to enter yourself into this fab competition from Gourmet Garden.
When you sign up to enter, Gourmet Garden will send a selection of the products for you to use in your everyday cooking. Share your yummy recipes on your blog and you could find yourself on your way to a live cook-off in London with one of Britain’s best loved chefs. Not only that, but the overall winner will win a trip to Australia’s Sunshine Coast for the Gourmet Garden International Bloggers Conference, as well as £3000 prize and a 12 month ambassadorship position with Gourmet Garden! What a fantastic prize!
So, what are your favourite everyday recipes? Our current favourite is a chorizo and broad bean risotto – my children would eat it every day if I let them!
You will need:
1 small onion, finely diced
3 cooking chorizo sausages, cut into small chunks
200g arborio rice
750ml vegetable stock
200g frozen baby broad beans
1 tbsp oil
What to do:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a gentle heat, add the onion and fry until it is softened, but not coloured.
- Add the chopped chorizo and fry until it is cooked through and browned.
- Add the arborio rice to the pan and stir. Cook for 1 minute, stirring every so often.
- Add half the stock and turn the heat down so the risotto is just bubbling gently.
- Keep an eye on the pan and add more stock as it is absorbed. Add more or less stock until the risotto is the consistency you like.
- As you add the last bit of stock, stir in the broad beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with a salad or just as it is. This recipe will serve 4 smaller appetites (or 1 adult, 1 small child with a large appetite and 1 small child with a small appetite but loves this recipe!)
This is a sponsored post. Recipe and views are my own.