I thought I’d bake something other than cupcakes for a change and decided on these yummy brownies. I have never been good at reading weights when doing my online shopping and last time I managed to buy the biggest jar of peanut butter I’ve ever seen! Even though I knew Grace would complain, I thought I’d add a couple of tablespoons of peanutty yumminess to my usual recipe. (And yes, she spotted the peanut pieces and complained – but still managed to eat a big piece of brownie!!)
Here’s the recipe I used:
Ingredients for the brownies
8oz caster sugar
1 1/2oz cocoa powder
pinch of salt
3oz self raising flour
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons peanut butter (I think crunchy is best)
Ingredients for the chocolate fudge topping
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
8oz icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a shallow baking tin (approx 8×10 inches) with oil – I use my Pampered Chef Medium Bar Pan.
2. Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs and milk together, then add to the flour/sugar mix.
4. Melt the butter and add to the mixture along with the peanut butter. Whisk it all together until it is all combined – do not overmix!
5. Pour into the baking tin, spread it evenly and bake for about 25 minutes or until the centre seems set – do not overbake!
6. Once the brownie has cooled, make the topping. Place the butter, milk and cocoa in a medium sized pan and warm until the butter has melted and the ingredients have combined.
7. Leave to cool slightly. If you forget to do this (like I did!) you will end up with yummy chocolate fudge instead of chocolate fudge topping! It still worked though.
8. Beat in the sifted icing sugar gradually until it is well combined, then spread over the brownie.
9. Cut into slices and tuck in! Best served warm with vanilla ice cream