I have to admit that when I was asked if I’d like the recipe and ingredients to make Rice Krispie Puffle Nests, I had no idea what Puffles were! After a little Googling, I discovered the world of Club Penguin and the little creatures called Puffles.
So it seems these colourful little creatures like to live in nests – in particular, chocolate Rice Krispie nests and of you fancy making some yourself, then here is the ingredients list and a step by step guide. They are quite easy to make and don’t need many ingredients – ideal for pre-schoolers with short attention spans! The nests went down well in our house and we made a batch over Easter so the girls could take them to my Mum’s to show off their skills.
You will need:
150g milk or plain chocolate
75g Rice Krispies
White and coloured ready to roll icing
Edible black pen
How to make:
1. Melt the chocolate, either in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave.
2. Stir in the Rice Krispies until they are coated in the chocolate and divide them between 12 paper cake cases. Make a little hollow in the middle for the Puffles to sit in. Leave to set.
3. Take small amounts of the coloured icing and roll into balls, as demonstrated by my glamorous assistant.
4. With some scissors make 3 or 4 small snips in the top or each Puffle and pinch the pieces together to make the spiky hair. Don’t worry, it won’t hurt them – they have no faces yet!
5. Roll some tiny, tiny pieces of white icing to make the eyes and stick them on with a little dab of water. Press gently to flatten them. Leave to dry.
6. Once the Puffles have dried you can add features with an edible black pen. Well, the pen isn’t edible, but the ink is! We added eyeballs and various shaped mouths.
7. Place a couple of Puffles in each nest and serve.
And there you have it. Happy Puffle nest making!
Disclaimer: I was sent all the ingredients to make these Puffle nests.