Firstly, I must apologies for the quality of the photo in the post – everyone was very hungry and I had to take a few quick snaps before it was gone! I can assure you though, this was much more delicious than it looks and went down very well at dinner time!
The recipe is based on one from the Little Dish Favourites Cookbook, a book that we use quite a lot. It happily fed our family of 4, although if you have older children you may want to use more fish.
Approx 600g (2 large/4 smaller fillets) white fish fillets (we used River Cobbler but you could use any white fish)
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Freshly ground black pepper
100g mozzarella, sliced or grated
6 tbsps breadcrumbs
1 tbsp parmesan, finely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a baking dish large enough to lay your fish in.
2. Check the fish for bones then lay the fillets, skin side down, in the baking dish, side by side.
3. Combine the tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper in a bowl then pour over the fish.
4. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the fish, or lay the pieces over if you have sliced the mozzarella.
5. Mix together the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan then sprinkle over the fish.
6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and the cheese and breadcrumbs are golden and bubbling.
We ate ours with lots of green vegetables and everyone agreed it was a delicious meal and one we will definitely have again. Well, almost everyone… Faith has suddenly decided she doesn’t like fish and gags when she eats it. Kids, eh? 😉