This was one of our favourite treats over Christmas and is ideal to whip up when you’ve got friends round for the evening or a little treat instead of popcorn when you’re watching a DVD.
When you read the list of ingredients some of you are going to think I’m a bit crazy, but trust me, they do work well together and the end result is very moreish!
200g white chocolate
75g salted peanuts
50g oat hoop cereal (e.g. Cheerios – we use supermarket own brand equivalent)
50g salted pretzels
1. Melt the white chocolate in a large bowl either over a pan of simmering water (making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl) or in the microwave.
2. Slightly crush the pretzels in your hands and add them to the white chocolate.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the white chocolate and stir until everything is coated.
4. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper, then pour the mixture out onto it.
5. Spread the mixture into a thin, even layer over the baking tray and leave to set.
Once it has set hard, break it up into chunks and enjoy. But be warned, it’s very addictive!